Thursday, September 13, 2012

trolling

We haven't done this in a while.

They caught a lot of weeds.  My mother in law calls it salad.  Back in the day we used to do a lot of trolling at their place up north.   My brother in law could only stand it for so long and then he'd have us reel in so he could drive the boat as fast as possible, supposedly to clear out the carbon before we could begin again.

My mother in law's parents used to go along too.   They were so wonderful to me, and I loved them so much.   Wish they could be here on an afternoon like this.  Maybe in spirit, eh?

Oh,  yeah, salad, salad, salad.     At first James had a reel without a brake.   The line would roll out and out and take forever to reel in.  Finally after two lengthy episodes of getting the line rolled back up, he took a different fishing pole and shortly the line snapped.  Good bye to that lure.

I think that's when he decided to just sit back in the sun and rest his eyes.

 More salad!
 But we did catch a few fish--didn't keep any of them.  Maybe next time.



What a gorgeous afternoon.    love you guys, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment