Sunday, January 20, 2013

kisses good night

Okay these are the three guys I encountered in the room upstairs.  This picture is from a few years ago, but it's a cute picture of just them together.

Up in the room, I asked about Little Jay's work schedule and then before I departed, said to Tim, "I gotta kiss you 'cause you're so cute and little."   (He's almost as tall as I am, and his weight approaches mine.)   He accepted the kiss, but I saw the look on Little Jay's face. 

I kissed Tim's hair, and then Jay's, "And a kiss for you even though you're not little at all."

He said, "I wondered when it became that a person had to be little to get kissed good night."

And then James, sprawled across the top bunk, fully dressed, but perhaps only half awake, turned the top of his head top of his head to receive a kiss, "Oh Jimmy, I love you too."

When I arrived home late tonight, Julia informed me that she needs new undershirts.  "The ones m.c. gave me were much to long, and I need other ones more my size."

I said, "Were those some of the things you donated?"

"Yes."

I saw Maria laughing, all giggles doubled over, pretending to work on some paperwork on the coffee table.

Yeah, har de har har.   I kissed her on the back of the neck. 

And the gorgeous one in the pink dress in the photo below--she slid into the pew beside me this morning, squeezed me by the shoulder,  and later came over for spaghetti and gosh it was a nice Sunday, all in all.

No, you don't outgrow good night kisses, and am I ever glad you guys.   love you so, MOM

1 comment: