Friday, September 5, 2014

b.g. are you really five?

You used to spend sooo much time here.  You did when you were little and t.c. did too back in the day when we babysat you babies.  I have millions of pictures of you guys.

And you were soooo cute.

 Here are the little aunties, entertaining.


We had lots of naps, many of them on the ever-popular red couch.  I called it Couch Potato Grandma time.   We slept in a pile of pillows, educational TV yammering away in the background.

Or maybe Price Is Right.
You did smell very good.

 Uncle Ben, mama's buddy.
 You were such a pipsqueak.   When I'd snuggle you to sleep, your little chest and arms and legs rolled up against me reminded me of a baby bird.









And now here you are, five years old, ready to head to preschool again for another year of fun.

I still love you like crazy, Man, and think that will probably always be true.

You have brought so much happiness to this family.   Like when you told your parents you couldn't reach something on a high shelf because your arms were too medium, that's true!

They are medium sized arms.  You are right.  You're observant and amazingly funny, even though you don't realize it.

Right now?

Your cake is in the oven.   Your dad asked me to bake a cake for tomorrow, and I was happy to do it.

The ice cream is in the freezer.

Happy Birthday, Buddy.  This whole family is lucky having you.

See you tomorrow.   love forever, Grandma and Grandpa and EVERYBODy

No comments:

Post a Comment