Thursday, September 4, 2014

This came home with her today--her school pictures, and she says she LOVES school so far.

Look at that face!  She's telling the truth. This was the right time for her to head out into an adventure.

I was surprised and asked her about it--this is a girl who spent hours hanging out with her little gecko and Maria's dog, and reading.  She cooked a little, broke up fights, helped p.j. with games on her Ipod.

She said, "I know it!  I don't like PEO-ple, but I find I do like watching them, listening to them--they're entertaining, and the teachers are really nice."

Makes sense.

It's been a good week, surprisingly good for a week I tend not to enjoy.

It marks the end of summer.  Even though the nicest weather of the whole year often occurs in September, it just represents the beginning of the end.  I like the freedom of summer too.

Tim made a big jump forward over the summer in writing and reading, which was a surprise when we pulled out the old workbooks we haven't really looked at since spring.

How does that work?  We did nothing, plus he gradually grew nocturnal over the summer, finally waking up when we shook him by the shoulders at noon, and not going to sleep until after midnight.

And he got better at everything he struggles with?

HOW?

Life.  It confuses me.  (I thought about this as I wandered around in the tropical air watering all our brambly flower pots.  Something about August turns petunias straggly and makes other plants lean over.  And the humidity kept fogging up my glasses.)

Plus a whole bunch of customers have said their checks are in the mail.  Oh whatever. We know how long the mail actually takes.   We might look stupid, but we're really not quite that dumb.

He called one of them tonight, and whoops, no, sorry. Forgot to mail your money. Darn that forgetfulness.

He drove over and got it.

Whatever you do, please pay your plumber. 

Anyway, it's all good in this house here tonight, fans softly blowing in the windows, clothes tumbling in the dryer,  dogs sprawled out across the floor,  and for all of it I'm nothing but grateful.

Happy September.   love, Val


No comments:

Post a Comment