Wednesday, September 10, 2014

yay, girl!



Today was her first day of preschool!  Yesterday she told me, "Grandma, you're not going to even see me tomorrow because I will be at PRESCHOOL!"

I told her we'd pick her up before lunch, so we'd see each other a little.

She LOVED it.

Heidi said she told the teachers the child is bad at transitions.   They told Heidi, "Sounds like she's THREE."

At this same preschool, back when John was little, everything I worried about regarding him they responded basically the same way:  "He's a kid!"

It was good for me to hear, feeling responsible for everything, every uncooperative moment: my responsibility and also probably my fault.

"Nah. No worries."
 
And she was actually happy to see us, told Julia all about school, appeared later on my lap to roll around and hug.  It was a great day.

Which started with a great night.    I got hungrier and hungrier all evening until I was dreaming of scrambled eggs with cheese.

When I finally got home, in this dark quiet house, I melted butter and scrambled eggs and made enough for two people.  Then I took the whole big plate, and two forks and woke him up.

He is extraordinary when it comes to both being wakened up and also going back to sleep.

He actually seemed happy to see me, took the fork and ate.  And then he kissed me, winked, and went right back to sleep.

It's a gift.

Good night.  love you all, Val, aka GRANDAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment