Wednesday, September 24, 2014

the jesus puppet, the bingo daubers, and the mice

 These are pictures from the bike ride today.   It's overcast and warm, with a strong breeze, kind of a odd day.

But this morning I went to the hospital to check on my mom who had a knee replaced yesterday, and she's doing great, so that made me a little giddy--happy for her and also relieved. 

Onward, Mama.   Onward to a pain-free 2015, maybe even with dancing.

On the way home, I stopped to pick up this little girl from her preschool, and the teacher came out into the hall to talk about their morning. 

She showed us a big, floppy Jesus puppet, robes, big wild beard, curly eyelashes.

Umm.

Wow.   That's quite a sight.

While I was still taking in the Jesus puppet, she held up a paper with perfect colorful circles and showed us how they did it with a paint thing that looked like a bingo dauber.

I guess they were working on colors?  Or their bingo skills?

Tell me the babies aren't gambling.

I felt actually a little befuddled and like I might giggle.

THEN she held up a book they'd read about mice.

Well, it's fall here and we've got a lot of death in the cupboards, especially that one under the kitchen sink.    Jay's trapped at least six mice so far--there's an open field behind us and a crawl space under the kitchen that we have never managed to fully secure.

Bam, bam, bam.   Every night, whack--just quick and done, usually instant.  I don't like it, but they poop in the potholders and cake pans.

So reading to the children about the dear little animated mice and their little, sweet fuzzy mice families was the ending.     I grabbed her hand and we ran out of there.

 Here's Sam, howling like she does when we bike past.

 And then it was leftover homemade pizza for lunch and a trip around the park.

And Mom's doing well.  That's the best part.    love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment