Thursday, July 23, 2015

reupholstering

 This chair wore right out.    I used to scrub at it now and then when there were spills or the arms got grimy, but then it just suddenly went to holes and that soft cotton fabric was done.

Kari said to choose some fabric that's fun.   So we tried.  These two are for outdoor furniture:  stain and fade resistant, should be tough.    It'll drape differently than the original fabric, and this upholsterer kind of takes artistic freedom with his work, so it'll be interesting.

I told him to use the floral print as accent--for piping or button covers, whatever he wanted.

We'll see what he does.

First time I had a different chair recovered, it had big, puffy arms.   It came back with tight little tailored arms.

Wow.

I got used to it.

Then about ten years later the chair had sat in the sun and was needing recovering again.

This time he sent it back with buttons on the back.

Buttons!

Buttons?

I'm used to them now.

So this should be interesting.

I hope it's fun, whatever he does.

love you guys, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment