Saturday, March 17, 2018

st. patrick's day, 2018

The Leprechauns came, same as every year. They threw around a mess, threw candy, left a mean note.  p.j. read the note, which seriously was not one of their best insults, and then laughed right out loud.  At Dan's house the note mentioned something about glitter and buttholes.  Yeesh!

 This child has a tablet game she loves where she cooks a lot of eggplant, whizzes things in a blender, cooks pizzas.  There was a game today where she was grocery shopping.

Honestly.

I do that all the time, and do not find it especially entertaining, but then again, I am not two going on three.

She also won't smile for pictures very often, unlike her little sister who smiles any time a camera is pointed in her direction:


 The haul:
 Then they had the bright idea to style Grandpa's hair.  He needs a haircut, but they had spray mousse, untangle spray, even a hair dryer which the little one pointed painfully overly long at individual spots on his head.






 This is my baby, on her phone.

 And Heidi's baby, tossed back on the pillows, foot propped up on the side for a great nap.

 She sleeps great in this busy corner of the house.  I like it because I can see her the whole time, don't have to leave the sister or the room to go check on her.  Nah, she's right there.

 This was later tonight.  Julia has on dress up shoes that have been around this house for years.  They were my mother's shoes, New Year's Eve, 1962, the year I was born.  And p.j. is dancing to music Julia has playing, and she's wearing a Halloween costume I sewed for John and Dan back in like 1983, bear costumes.

Something about this moment gave me a lump in my throat, but no idea why.

Time, history, sweet little girls growing up?  Take your pick.

So much love on a Saturday night in March.

Val, aka Grandma, aka MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment