Tuesday, November 13, 2018

got it done, lillian!

 This has nothing to do with Lillian.  Somebody on Facebook was looking for styrofoam coolers to make shelters for homeless cats.  Well, I don't personally know any homeless cats, but the cooler, yes.

When I brought the cooler from the closet, the kids asked what I was doing, and I told them about the cats.

They stared at me warily and said, "Are you making this up?"

Nope. All true.  Dropped it off yesterday.

Then--this task.   Lillian has needed a new sand mat in her tank for a while now, but I'm new to gecko care, and finally went and bought the mat today.

 She was easily lured into a bucket by a couple mealworms.  Then I put the bucket inside this tote in case she broke out, but she didn't even try anything funny.


 The tank was washed out with warm water and dried, and here she is back in her fresh clean house.  I gave her a few crickets in thanks for being such a good sport.


 Then this made me smile.  The dusty curtains are in the wash, and the sun illuminated these little handprints so perfectly.  Aww.

Almost time for work.

Thankful for sunshine on a cold afternoon.

So much love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment