Friday, November 9, 2018

this quiet week

 It's been a long, quiet week, lots of work, nothing very exciting.

Except this!  Our little peanut has passed the eight pound mark!  She's six weeks old and growing.  Yesterday she smiled when I was talking to her.  I'm not sure if it was a real smile or just a coincidence, but I'll take it.

And this too, this week--snow arrived.
 And cold.

It's 18 degrees out tonight, which is not a particularly welcome thing, but I'm reminded again about how much I do like LOOKING at winter, even though I don't really like being IN it.

Tonight while driving I noticed how sparkly even ordinary lights look under that big indigo sky.

The day was pretty, perfect billowy pastel clouds, light snow.

 And then this--it was like a refrigerator in Tim's room, and he likes it this way, but it had become a bit extreme in the last day or two.   Jay took the air conditioner out, and I turned up the heat to see if the radiator would warm up.

Nope.

There was no water in it.  Jay bled the air and added water to the boiler, so now Tim has heat.  (Seriously, last night he slept in an unheated room and claimed he was fine when I asked him about how cold it was in there.)

 Yes, him.

You.
Okay, good night.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment