Friday, November 16, 2018

november friday

 It was a gloomy morning, quiet, just me at home.

In the thirty minutes before I had to start work, I cleaned this cabinet out.  It was mostly just tousled, all the art supplies and craft kits.


 Voila.  It's neat in the cabinet now, but it's also easy to forget because I just shut the doors.

I think it's time to put the mop away.  Why is that even still out?
After I started working, diligently concentrating and listening at the computer, I heard a lot of weird noises--banging and stomping around.  Then I heard the leaf blower kick in.  

It's Martin.  He'd been contacted to come and do fall clean up, and we thought because of the cold and snow that it wasn't happening this year.

Well, today it was.
 We used to do this all ourselves and put the bags to the curb.  But then the garbage companies started imposing limits on the amount.  We'd have to ration the disposal every week.  We're also required to use biodegradable bags.

So then if it rained, we were in trouble.

Or if they, as they often did, didn't pick up the bags at all that week, we'd be dragging them back to the garage, falling apart along the way.

 He brought even the big equipment.

All that messing around we used to do, raking and most annoyingly, hauling all the bags to and fro?

He does it in a matter of a few hours.
 Yeah, all this mess is gone.
 He's coming back for this mountain tomorrow.

At suppertime, she arrived, haven't seen her in weeks.  Jay picked her up and then drove back again and made pancakes.

We were so happy to have her in the house.

 And her. There's been laughing and racket upstairs I haven't heard in weeks.


 And that's the end of a fine Friday.

Onward to the weekend.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment