Tuesday, February 5, 2019

february, what's it going to be?

February, you've started out with cold and snow, ice, terrible roads.

The last couple weeks have been a weather challenge.

And also this little baby is home from the hospital, after a stay over two months long. Her nurses and doctors were amazing, plus also kind. They were responsive to any sign of pain, so careful with her.

But these little sisters have not seen her the whole time.  The oldest sister saw her once while she was hospitalized.

Well, they did not forget her!  The baby sister jumped up and down, screaming until we figured out how to get the tiny baby into her lap (with our hands underneath.)  

This other sister has hardly left her side.   Last night I heard her whispering, "I love you."

 Not going to sugarcoat this homecoming.  It's been stressful and a bit exhausting, and weirdly emotional--and I'm just the grandma.

But it's good.  Things are going fine, could not really be any better.



Today I saw her smile right at Heidi, her good, very tuned-in mama.   With my own eyes, I saw it, multiple times--real, true smiles.

Today there was a poopy diaper, and the baby had just eaten and can't be put flat on her back at that point, and poop was everywhere.  I told Renee it was ridiculous.  Heidi dove in, told us what to do, but Joe and I were like a couple of amateurs, those tiny kicking feet, little hands all over!  As if we haven't changed thousands of diapers--good grief.    I gotta get better at this.  Joe took over the outfit and the trash.  Ugh.

Oh my goodness.

February?  You sure are pretty.  Thanks for showing up.  Really.

So much love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment