Monday, December 21, 2009

i don't even know


Today I talked to Alicia about this again, and she told me the reason they take this round about approach is because then the dog jumps off the bed as if it's her own idea. (I gazed at Little b.g. asleep, long eyelashes against his cheeks, his apple red cheeks, the little pretend ears on his hood, and I was dazzled, as Little Jay says.) They don't want to hurt the dog's feelings by kicking her off the bed.

They've seen Lady and the Tramp.

My mother was hysterical. "I thought Vikings and Norweigans were tough!" Together, we howled, her on the phone. I was in the basement plumbing office, underground, subterranian, under flourescent lights, wrapping Santa gifts.

Oh gosh. It's a pretty good story, but I'm actually really sort of glad. A person who would slap himself, or a woman who would fake cough on behalf of a dog's feelings are people you can trust. Good grief. love, Val

2 comments:

  1. This story is hilarious... but still so many un-answered questions... What is it about Alicia's cough that gets the dog so nervous? Does she flinch if b.g. coughs? How did the slapping begin? Neither Dan or Alicia seem like the slapping violent type. The whole story just seems so strange. Are you sure this was not some sort of dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not. I ran into her and her mom at Target and we cracked up again. I did not imagien this. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete