Friday, January 15, 2010

how many tangerines can a kid hold?

I love this picture...Dan's skinny fingers, his child's hand on his neck...


I love this one of him too. I know it's bad, but we were all thirteen once, I guess. That piece of paper pinned to the curtain on the door says, "Even a kid can be courteous." It's a line from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and you can see why I felt such a sign was necessary. He's still a wise guy underneath.

In other news, his little brothers and sisters have eaten tangerines like crazy this week. Every day they've eaten an entire three pound bag. I bought another one today and they dug into it as soon as they saw it. Can that many tangerines be bad for kids? I hope not.

Oh and this: We had this by request for supper last night. We haven't had it for a long time. Truly, heaven in a bowl:

Tortellini soup:

Fry onion and celery in butter.

Add chopped carrots and chicken broth and refrigerator tortellini.

Boil until carrots are tender. Sprinkle bowls with parmesan cheese if you want.

Delicious.

The amounts vary. For us, a huge amount is needed so I used a stalk of celery, an entire onion, 40 oz of refrigerated cheese tortellini (chicken filled is good too) and a gallon and a half of broth, which I made with bouillon cubes and water. But you can buy packaged chicken broth if you want.

Anyway, it's Friday! Jay's picking up pizza and it's over 25 degrees out, beautiful warm night, damp and balmy. I hope it's peaceful where you are too. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment