Friday, December 3, 2010

could it be friday?


It snowed all day and is beautiful out tonight, bright pink sky again, muffled air. Something strange happens when it snows and sounds are amplified, like how you can stand on the shore and hear a conversation in a boat way out on the lake? Like that.

This picture is disappointing, cheap little camera. Nights like this make me miss my old 35mm with the actual film. I should put batteries in the light sensor and buy some film just for times like this. It's sitting right on the piano.

A weird plumbing call tonight: bugs in the ice cubes. How is this possible? I put my hand over the receiver and asked the plumber. He crinkled up his eyes, shook his head and kept eating--thought I was kidding. Nope, not a joke. Tomorrow he's going to go check it out.

"Frozen IN the ice cubes?"

"Yes."

"Okay, he will be there and figure out what's going on."

Tomorrow is a big, giant sleepover--grand kids, other friends, woo hoo. Heidi and Joe are at his mom's up in Wisconsin baking cookies this weekend. Those poor little sweethearts are going to miss it all. Aww, you'd almost think they planned that.

It'll probably be loud, but we know it'll be fun. I should rest up. Time for bed. love, Val





No comments:

Post a Comment