Tuesday, June 7, 2011

103 degrees

That's how hot it is here!

Crazy. Julia wanted to go to the little pool, but that's not open yet.

We had to manage with the sprinkler instead.


This weekend Jay got the a/c going. We don't have central air. It's incompatible with the boiler and radiator system, but we do have window air conditioners.

There's a really old big one in the living room, cut into the wall below the windows. It used to work okay, but a couple years ago it quit cooling, and then there was another problem with the fan. It was outrageously, scary loud, like a jet engine.

Anyway, Saturday Jay took this beast out to the front yard. It's so monstrous Little Jay had to help carry it. He sprayed it all out with the hose, and his hands are too big, but mine fit inside near the fan, so I felt around to see if something was in it, making that noise.

I pulled out a can of diet coke! The can had exploded from freezing, so it'd obviously been dropped in there full and frozen during a winter.

Late in the day, the two guys carried it back inside and shoved it back in the wall, and we turned it on--still a noise, less, but not right. So I felt in there again--another can, diet Pepsi this time.

Still noise.

I got a flashlight and mirror and in the end, we took FOUR cans of pop out of there.

This has to be the work of The Timothy. Nobody else does these things. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember anything about it.

about the age it likely happened

Not that he's changed though.

Sunday morning Kari had to meet with the pastor for a little lesson on how to be an acolyte.

Yes, they trust her with fire.

Anyway, we were sitting in the pews watching her learn about the candles, the communion trays, so on and so forth, and then realized Tim was gone.

Where did he go? He's got to be here somewhere.

Then I saw something orange move up in the balcony. That's where the sound equipment is. No kids should be up there! (Especially him.)

I called to him to come down, and he disappeared, but never returned.

The janitor wandered by so I told him there was a kid up there. "Maybe you could scare him a little?"

"Sure." He and James headed up there, and sure enough--he was hiding up there.

Why? "I just wanted to look at all the machines."

Sigh.

Tonight I used the hose and laundry detergent to scrub the patio, clean it up a bit.

tim on the patio

Gallons and gallons of cold water flowed over the edges into the gutter on one side and the sand box on the other. Tim looked at all this water flooding the sandbox and flowing beside it, said it was a river.

He waded into the sandbox, "I've never seen this much water out here. I'm going think of something good I can do with it!"

I'm pretty sure it'll be nothing I'd ever think of. Love you,T, love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. I heard you guys had a heatwave..its cooled off here now. Love R. xo

    ReplyDelete