Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the ransacking of the family room


When I say he ransacks my house for me, it's a true story.

He did all this before the kids even woke up.

When my mom passes along her old People magazines, you can see why we're the last house to get them. They're pretty much done for as soon as they come in the door.

His aunts and uncles help put things right again at some point.

The dogs are seriously this fascinated by a doggone banana?

Eventually a couple chicken nuggets were thrown on the floor. They were on them like sharks.

This little girl is reaching for things now. Dang, that went fast.

And here she is on the patio on the hottest day since 1988.

Last night it was hot too. I drove home at midnight with the roof of the car open, sweet, balmy air.

The dark golf course looked like a jungle, and as I rounded the corner onto the avenue, an animal was in the road. It seemed like a dog at first, a greyhound maybe, but then I realized it was a little deer.

Away it went down the bank and between the houses. I never knew there were deer along that street, right in the city.

As Tuesdays go, this one was excellent. Time to type some invoices, put away clothes, and load the dishwasher. Onward to Wednesday. love, Val

1 comment: