Thursday, June 23, 2011

dumbness from the week


This week the kids are at vacation bible school all day, so I'm here alone.

ALONE!

Yeah, with p.j. and also part of the time with b.g. too.


But still. They don't really talk much yet. They're both in diapers and drink bottles.




It's WEIRD.

I told Maria it was strange around the house. There's nobody to boss.

I tried bossing myself, but that was fairly pointless because I don't listen.

And nobody can really clean up any messes, so there's no opportunity for me to bitch.

So with no bossing or bitching, I hardly know what to do.

She laughed.

And then this is ridiculous. One of their bible school songs starts out by yelling, "Be bold! Be brave!"

Julia?

Yeah, her.

here she's putting witch hazel on her bug bites

She thought it was, "Be BALD! Be brave!"

Bald.

I do not know why I find that so hilarious, but I do.

This morning however, we all got ready and I took p.j. and b.g. all the way to the city, to the church, so they could get in on the kids' singing time.


p.j. does not like loud voices. They alarm her, and she cries. But this morning's singing she seemed to mostly enjoy. And b.g. tore around like a wind-up guy doing laps around the other kids, jumping up and down, singing at the top of his lungs.

t.c., l.c., and m.c. are there also this week,so his cousins and aunties carried him around and kept him from running out of the room and down the hall.

Tonight apparently there's a city parade, and all in all, this has been a good week, in spite of being alone in this big, empty, rambly old house in the rain.

The babies are napping now and so are the dogs.


I wonder if there's any chocolate in Jay's desk? Happy Thursday, love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment