Tuesday, January 17, 2012

cut the crap, or why are you upside down in a crack?



They were as loud and hilarious as ever tonight, going to play Game boy in Tim's bed.

We said prayers, kissed goodnight, and then the racket began.

The shrieking and laughing and loud thumping were outrageous.

I was painting the bathroom in the family room, and that's a hard room to paint.  It's tiny, the angles are sharp, and the door is in the way.   Ei-yi-yi.

But as I dangled on a high stool, trying with the brush to draw some kind of edge along the ceiling, the giddy carrying on really started to tweak my nerves.

Finally, I went to the door of the room, and yelled, "Cut the crap!  I don't want to hear another SOUND!"



(Oh, there's a real nice mom for ya.  I probably should feel bad, but I DON'T.)

Tee-hee-hee.    They tried to quiet down. Whatever. Back to painting.

Fifteen minutes later, as I was edging around the lights beside the medicine cabinet, the screaming got really loud.

I was ready to march back there with my Cut the Crap Pronouncement again, but Tim was at the door, "Hurry! Quick!  Julia's stuck in the crack!"

I ran, and yeah she was, with only her long legs, and long skinny feet sticking up in the air by the windows.

I tried to pull her legs but she was too heavy and I didn't want to dislocate her arms by tugging.  Down in the crack, I could see a lot of blonde hair and that's about it.

Jay came in a minute and ordered us off the bed, and then pulled it away from the wall so she could fall completely down and stand up again.

Good LOR-ed.  You kids.

 

I asked her if she saw any dust bunnies down there?   She said, "No! I couldn't see anything! It was very DARK!"   It reminded me of Jessica McClure in the well.  For some reason, that news story always stuck with John.  It was stunningly terrible, and he must have been at just the right age to comprehend it all.

Okay.  The second coat of paint is on the bathroom walls.

The kids had their teeth cleaned today--first time.   We had a dentist who didn't accept our insurance before, so these things cost a fortune.   So we finally found a new dentist who accepts our plan and the teeth are all clean.

Since we're paying close to $1800 a month for health insurance and dental, it began to infuriate me that the kids' teeth were so badly neglected.  It's not like we're not paying.  But I'm not paying insurance AND the dentist out of pocket because he doesn't take that (very ordinary and fine)  insurance.

Why does it take me so long to cut the crap?

Tim had many question about the equipment.   Their teeth are full of cavities, so we'll be seeing a lot of these people in the weeks to come.

Anyway, that's the end of a fine Tuesday.   love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment