Thursday, January 5, 2012

dumb grin happy



This has been one of the biggest surprises in my life, the way these grandchildren make me feel.

Before t.c. was born, I knew I'd love him, but with an eighteen month old of my own, I wasn't really in a grandma place--though John and Dannell were definitely ready to be parents.

Well, he was born, and sure we did love him, but the biggest surprise of it all was how HAPPY he made me.

It's just plain old dumb grin kind of happy, and who knew?? 

When I see those little faces at the door, or hear their voices on the phone, or when Heidi tosses p.j. into my grumpy, half-awake arms every morning,  it's just a surge of pure pleasure.

I offer this cute picture Alicia took as evidence of the dumb grin I'm talking about. 

This is b.g.'s little brother, just three days old.   Look how spectacular he is!  

love you kids, Grandma, and Grandpa too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to have a big dumb Grandma grin of my own someday. Happy Grandma-ing!

    ReplyDelete