Wednesday, February 22, 2012

blah, blah, blah

Okay, today we had errands to do: drop off the saxophone at the repair shop, mail packages, have a form notarized, drop off  b.g.'s mittens. 

All these are quick stop errands where I can run in and leave Lydia in the car to supervise.  She's going to be twelve in a couple months. She can handle it.

I promised the kids McDonald's for lunch as compensation for this boring morning.   

But getting out the door is so annoying.  (We even forgot the packages and had to go back again.) 

But as I attempted to put p.j. in the carseat--big baby, awkward angle, I realized SOME PERSON had buckled the straps, so now I had to lift her up with my left hand and unbuckle them with my right, and get them against something just so to create the leverage, and I started to sweat and then I started to YELL.

"I WANT TO KNOW WHO DID THIS AND HEAR AN APOLOGY!"   Their eyes were big, Nobody said anything.

I kept yelling, "Well, SOMEBODY did this, and they know who they are and all I want to hear is SORRY!"

More silence.  "Okay then, FINE.  No video games for anyone until tomorrow.  If you can't even say you're sorry, fine then."

Julia bravely mumbled, "Sorry." 

AAAGHHH.  Even at the time, I knew I was being asinine.

Then turning the car around, I saw that window. "What the hell happened to that shade?  Look at it!  It's completely mutilated."

Silence.

"Somebody knows what happened to that shade and they'd better explain.  I don't care about the shade. It cost $2.99.  We'll throw it away, but you can't wreck things and leave the pieces.  Tell me right now!"

Tim:  "t.c. wanted to make the room darker, so I pulled it down and it wouldn't go back up, so then I stuffed it under the curtain."

Okay, that's believable, and shades are for using, and it's sure nobody's fault the shade wouldn't go back up.   GAWD.  Get me in a mood and everyone run for cover.  Ridiculous.

But the errands were accomplished without further incident, except when they asked how many boy and girl toys in the Happy Meals.  I said, "Two boys and two girls." 

Kari stared at me and whispered, "Two boys??"

Pbbblt.  I'm, ugh--need to be apologizing, plus who cares?  Boys or girls can enjoy any type of toys.

(Except the ones we got one time that were heavy, plastic shapes you threw into the air and got points for how they landed.  The instructions stated not to toss them above your own head.  Okay, good thinking. Thanks for mentioning that.)   

But lunch was delicious and fine.  And we're going to make it through Wednesday.











I will try not to rant anymore about things that don't matter.   They nodded, "Well, we get in a crabby mood too sometimes."   Sigh.

Onward.   love forever, MOM

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this post so much. SO EASY to get riled up about little things, especially when you're stressed and sweating and trying to get out of the house with children. I have said some very bad things to the dog on a number of occasions when she was spazzing as I was trying to exit the house. VERY BAD THINGS. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOD. Have you ever had anyone buckle all the straps empty??? And then driven away and noticed a mutilated shade in the window????

    How insane is my LIFE???

    And yet, annoying and aggravating as it is, it doesn't EVEN MATTER.

    Oh, who enjoys order and peace? Me.

    Who went on to have TEN children? Me.

    Is this the kids' fault? No.

    Or the poor harassed dog's fault?

    No.

    Ei-yi-yi. love you, Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well, its good for the children to see that you have feelings, that your feelings matter too.

    See, you were being a good parent. (Of course!)
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete