Friday, February 17, 2012

sudden death overtime

 

Okay, Kirsten works for a huge corporation with many divisions.

This is good.

They have broomball tournaments, also good.


She signed up. Good, good. She loves broomball.

This is a funny broomball story:   The team called "Supply Chain" played the team called, "Lawyers."  A guy got his face smashed and cut open across the cheek.

Next time around there were waivers to sign and helmets to wear.

That cracks me up.

The boss above her arranged for rented broom ball shoes at $6/day.

But anyway, today Kirsten was playing and the game was neck and neck, and then it went in to overtime.


She was the only girl on the ice during overtime and scored the winning goal.    She says it went into slow motion then, crossing the goal, the fumbled reaction, the score.

Her teammates rushed with high fives and screaming.

The boss above her boss told her to take the day off.

Later she ran into him at the office and he said, "I told you to take the day off!"

She said, "I thought you were kidding!  I can't take the day off. I have work to do!"

Tomorrow she leaves on a plane to go visit my parents who are in Florida at the moment, my dad enjoying the company of his brother.   They were close growing up, are both tool and die makers owning similar machine shops.  (Out of that sleepy farm-town Wisconsin school, yes.  Somebody there was good at math and adventures.)

Anyway, I talked to my mother today, and she and Kirsten are two peas in a pod. They'll have a good time.

Plus a girl barely 5'2", and the only girl person on the ice, scored the winning goal in sudden death overtime.

She didn't phone me.

She called the DAD.

I don't even care. She gets it from him.  I have no aggression in me, flooded in estrogen and cooperative spirit and all that.


Wheeeee.   High fives everywhere.   

Suck-ahs!     love, etc. Val

p.s.  kirsten.  thanks for being my girl.

2 comments:

  1. SCORE!

    Wait, what's broom ball? You mentioned ice. That must be why I'm clueless. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's similar to hockey, only played with a somewhat different type of stick, and they don't wear ice skates. They just wear boots--or these special broom ball shoes.

    It's popular here, lol. love, Val

    ReplyDelete