Tuesday, February 7, 2012

making me laugh



Okay, late last night James found me in the kitchen and asked me to buy him two things today:  a white shirt, and a pair of black dress pants.

???

He's going to a school dance this weekend, and from what I gathered from the usual very brief James conversation, Little Jay had taken the good clothes to the university when he left after winter break.

The good clothes?

There's only one set of dress clothes?

Yes.

And two guys share them?

Yes.

(For real? Where have I been?)  

Tonight I called Little Jay.  I've been lonesome for him anyway, and I had to verify this.  He said, "Those clothes are MINE, and I don't mind if James borrows them for his band concerts, but they actually belong to ME."

Oh my goodness.

Well now James has his very own Tommy Hilfiger white button down shirt, AND a pair of very nice black dress pants, all for a slim forty bucks.   Jimmy's coming up in the world--his own clothes.

here they each have their own identical clothes--that makes sense?

i found these funny ones on facebook. james is still james, even though he looks different now. their dad was changing the tail light--nothing happened to the car.




Oh, wow.  Life is good.  Honestly, I don't know if it's ever been better.

Happy Tuesday, cold and bright.  love, Val

2 comments:

  1. HaHa! Kids are funny. My two oldest wore too small underwear for about a year without ever saying a word to me. I still laugh when I think about their poor squished little bootees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are crazy and that's a known fact.

    A while back, Julia told Heidi and me that her underwear had become too tiny.

    (LOL) Heidi was pregnant and laughed, "My underwear is doing that TOO!"

    Yes, by all means, let's blame the underwear.

    Absolutely. love, val

    ReplyDelete