Wednesday, February 15, 2012

my little rat mind


 Okay, I have a special electronic key for opening electronic lock boxes when I show houses.  It's not that I have any appointments to show houses at the moment--it'd be fun to help a buyer, but never mind. That's not the point.

I put my supra key somewhere for safekeeping.

Yah.

Smart, I know.

So for a couple hours, I searched all around wondering what my little rat mind would consider a safe place???

Finally I found it in the drawer where I keep nylon stockings and slips.  Oh, so that's the safe place, eh?  Not my briefcase, evidently.  For some reason, that day, a random drawer seemed safer than the BRIEFCASE?

I don't get it.

And slips!  Good LOR-ed, what am I doing with ELEVEN slips?  I haven't worn even a single one in many, many years, and I don't want to.

Trash can for those.   I saved a white one and a black one, just in case.   In case of what, I don't know.

But while I went through drawers and cubby holes, I also found $400 in green cash.

Holy cow!   When did I stash that?  And why?   I dunno!

I found some cute pictures tucked in here and there, a few plush pony tails wrapped in tissue paper saved from my daughters, my childhood dog's baby tooth saved in a medicine bottle, and dental narcotics dated 1998.  Wow.

Yeah.   I also found the package of AAA batteries and the extra night light bulbs, the case for my glasses, and a new package of hooks for Christmas ornaments.   Nice.

And the key too, by golly.    Onward.   love, Val

1 comment: