Wednesday, October 3, 2012

impulsive

 I ran for the camera yesterday afternoon because the sky was so vivid and the leaves so golden in the sun.

 Today we went to Walmart for groceries.  And came home with THIS:


It's a twelve foot tall inflatable Santa.   I feel a little foolish about it, but he was just so amazing and kitschy and weirdly fun.     Twelve feet high!

Jay came home between appointments and saw the box on the dining room table,  "What is THIS??"

"It's an impulse purchase."

That's not like me to waste money on nonsense.   But today I sure did.

He said nothing,  just snickered and hugged me while I stirred the cake.


I mixed up the birthday cake for tomorrow fast as possible, and threw it in the oven so we could get outside and blow up the Santa.

 Look at the sunlight on the leaves.  I forget how gorgeous October really is.

 Okay!  There he is!

 I love him!   He's so ridiculous, especially on an eighty degree afternoon.


There will be some obstacles to overcome like putting in the stakes when the ground is frozen.  I'm sure Jay will know what to do.  Maybe use a drill on the dirt?

Oh, whatever.   Santa you funny, funny guy.     love always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment