Sunday, October 7, 2012

quiet october

Yeah, here are Maria and Claire.

Here are kids working on collages.


 A mouth full of shrimp:

 The person on the far right is a friend of  James' who joined us for the weekend. God bless him, it was boring, dark, and cold.

 Here's the excitement under the table.


 This is a collage Julia made. While I was cooking she brought it over and showed me her name.

"And here are two cats also."

Pause.

"Holding their bladders, I guess."

I looked again.  Good Lor-ED.

Here we've got your spinning in the chair of outrageous rowdiness.  When this thing starts spinning it sounds like a jet take off.

My parents bought us these chairs at a church garage sale some years ago.

Way to go, Guys!  Who knew these chairs would provide this much endless entertainment.



This picture is blurry, that's no good.

 But this one is worse! Her eye looks like some kind of alien!  We had a good laugh about this.

 Normal eyes, nothing alien about them.

 Cribbage.
These little craft creations kept them entertained for a good long time.

 And in the quiet I tried to get back to making Christmas stockings. I left off about eighteen years ago after Little Jay was done.  I tried at times, but didn't realize how much worse my eyes became between 32 and 50.

Much worse.

Now I'm armed with many magnifiers and a copy machine which enlarges the directions.

I may make it through this shit yet.








And now it's now and the end of a very lovely Sunday night.  Onward, as usual.

Tomorrow is Monday, and things are looking good.   October, you do not disappoint.  love, Val

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it is so gorgeous there in the fall. Good luck with those stockings! Starting on grandkids when you're done with those that remain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, no grandkids stockings. I'll be long dead before this. I hate counted cross stitch.

    What the hell was a I thinking??

    You make up your own traditions, and I suggest much less intensive ones, lol. love you, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisconsin is very beautiful in the fall, you're right. This was a nice weekend, cold as it was. love, Val

    ReplyDelete