Wednesday, May 15, 2013

nice and warm

Alicia brought little desserts like these on Monday, and they liked them so much they made their own.

It's just little sponge cakes from a package with cool whip and berries, but they love them SO MUCH.

I asked her, "How are you? Is that good?"

Her answer: "I happy."

After lunch we planted flowers.  She helped the kids plant these, and I was afraid she was pulling them back up, but she wasn't.  She was smoothing the dirt with a little gravy ladle.

Here's the first pot.  We did this one together.


Then they ran off with more plants and did this one by themselves.

This year they were really good at it.    Gosh, they're growing up.

What is up with the grass?   I hope it comes back to life.

By the time we were done planting--there were lilies to be planted in the garden too, and bulbs--they sat in the shade a while.

(Canna lily bulbs--we're going to try those this year, see how that goes.  My mom used to plant them along the house and they were huge by August with blooms just the height of the kitchen window.)

Then they wanted the sprinkler.  I said sure, just don't make a mud mess.

They assured me they would not.






But then they did.

It's okay.  It was inevitable.

And this I found funny--they wanted the little nursery tags in the flower pots--no idea why.

While I was driving to a real estate appointment at suppertime, the thermometer in the car said it was 103 degrees.    It honestly did not feel that hot.

Today is looking like a pretty fine Wednesday.    love, Val

1 comment:

  1. That is so hilarious and sweet that they liked those little angel-food cakes so much. :) It is an easy little treat, Gus even helped me make some the other night. (Helped = ate a handfull of whipped cream.)

    ReplyDelete