Wednesday, May 8, 2013

of course


My phone rang tonight at ten before midnight.    I was just home from working and Jay wanted me to listen to a funny call on the business answering machine.  While we were messing around with that, my cell phone rang.

I glanced at the caller--of course it was John.  Nobody else ever calls me in the middle of the night.

When I answered, soon he told me he didn't remember why he'd called.  He was still at work and it was something but now the thought was gone. My quick and chipper answering of the phone caught him off guard and blanked out his memory.  (Kind of like that pen in Men in Black)

I handed the phone to his father, who was happy to talk to him, but no, that didn't jog his memory either.



So I told him: "If you remember why you called me, don't call back, just send me a text and I'll deal with it tomorrow. I'm going to take a bath and go to bed."

 His reply: "Yeah Mother, I love you too."

That made me laugh even more.

(But who calls their mother FROM WORK at midnight and then can't remember why?)

Okay, goodnight.   Sleep tight.  Love, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment