Monday, May 13, 2013

a beautiful mother's day

Heidi and Joe had us all for brunch.   My parents came.   Everyone pitched in with food until it was a feast.  Jay was up early cooking sausage and bacon to take with.   Kirsten made some blueberry-cream cheese pastry in her quesadilla maker.  Joe made cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron.  Who knew that could be done?

 The cousins all tore around in the yard.

I did a terrible job taking pictures.  These are all of them.  Four.     I wish I would have gathered them together for a group picture, or taken pictures of them all cooking in the kitchen.

Or at least taken a picture of my mother.

Nope.  Bummer.

This was on my dresser when I came home late last night.  I put a bulb in it this morning and it gives off a weird aqua glow.   I like it.

This was the first mother's day without this beautiful mother, and it's been about five father's days without him. Mostly it's okay, but sometimes it's just so damned lonely.   It's at least good we all have each other.

So I sit here sad about my own grandparents, with the most beautiful little grand baby on my lap while I'm typing.  The sun is shining and it's 65 degrees.    Time to hit the sandbox.

love forever, Valarie

No comments:

Post a Comment