Thursday, May 30, 2013

cousins week


The first day the baby did not get a nap.   I asked him if he wanted to take a nap, and he said no.   So I called Dan and we discussed it, and he said to just put him in the pack and play, shut the door and he'd sleep.

So I found the baby again and told him it was rest time, and he had his special polka dot blanket, and we'd done the milk and the story, so I took him to the little crib and put him in it.

Okay, he hadn't cried one tear all day until he was placed in there, and by the time I was over to the door he was wailing so intensely no sound was coming out of him.

I ran back and snatched him out of there.  Good LOR-ed, no. My heart cannot handle that.  We cuddled for a while and he slept in my arms a bit.  

But today he fell sound asleep in my arms and could be slid over onto the couch where he had a decent, real nap.

 Okay, and this:

She raids her diaper bag every day and tries on clothes. She wiped her nose on one clean shirt, looked at it and said, "Oops, buggers," and threw it to the side.

Yah, oops.

 Then she got her bathing suit bottom stuck on her head and we had to pull pretty hard to get it back off again.


There was time spent in the yard.   Look at that grass.  It looks like an abandoned home.

The baby's hair floats around his head like a fluffy halo.

 I guess this little dog couldn't even  hold her head up tonight, she was so tired out.


 The mud puddle was a huge attraction.

Because then you have to get rinsed off with the hose.

And repeat.



 This is a bad dog, and these photos are evidence of her nefarious activities.









 Here we've got an inchworm

 And this--they're watching a Scooby Doo movie and she's hugging him during the scary part.


 Back to the ever-popular mud puddle.

They're not entirely safe with these croquet mallets.  The rules include No Smashing and No Waving.  They were doing well here though, not high sticking.

 Here he's being a transformer and is evidently HILARIOUS.

Okay, this little trio of trouble kicked my butt this week.   They were so good, but they're so wild and busy and crazy.    There were dirty footprints all over in my bathtub--should have realized when I saw them with tub toys they had to get them out of the tub somehow.

And late this afternoon that guy in the green shirt had to go potty, so he peed on a tree.   Well then she had to also pee on the tree.   They both also managed to pee on themselves a little bit.

So then we had the two of them in the yard in that state of undress while the aunties ran inside to find more clothes.

I thought, "Where are your parents?"

Soon they were here, and they took their wild babies home.

I am tired, but so happy for this wild, funny week.

love you crazy squirrels SO MUCH,  Gramma




No comments:

Post a Comment