Thursday, May 9, 2013

playing ninja

Okay, I had never heard of this before, but no surprises there.



They play a game called ninja, where they go from one place in the house, quietly as possible, without touching the floor.

So what are they touching?

All the furniture and railings.

Is furniture meant to be walked upon?

That would be no.

Is this good for the railings?

Again, that would be no.

But the tales came out little by little--they walked along the ledge in the stairway and slid down the banister and onto the freezer.

So I asked them how they'd like it if I came to their houses someday and did this? I asked Tim how his wife would like this?

He said, "Oh no, she would not." 

I asked James, "I'll get up to 160 pounds and be a ninja at your house?"

He laughed, "Go ahead. She'll like it.  I'm going to marry a girl who likes playing ninja."

Somehow I really doubt that.



Today's real estate appointments included a little pug who barked a lot and was absolutely hilarious, a huge, elegant greyhound named Ludwig, and a wild, funny seven year old who sat in my lap during the long, conversational part of the meeting, after the rowdy tour.



I wonder if I can get from here to the bathtub without touching the floor?

xo.  love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment