Friday, May 24, 2013

the end of the week

 It wound down quietly.

On Tuesday night while I was working, there was t.c. on the phone, "Gramma, can you come to my program?"

Dannell did mention this a few weeks ago, but it was lost in the sea of details around here

I said, "When is it?

"Tomorrow."

"What time?"

"Nine o'clock."

"I will be there."

Then I went and told my friends that I'd have to be up and on the road for Wisconsin in the morning by 7:30.   They laughed and moaned, and we bucked up and did it and it was GREAT.

The church service was fun, especially with p.j. rolling all over the place, kicking it up. (She was funny, but by an hour, we were all getting tired of ways to keep her quiet.) 

Here he is singing. They were beautiful.  My guy is third from the left.

This is the little brother, l.c. who kicked it up with p.j. in the pews.  At one point, he was on his back with his shirt bunched up under his arms. She observed this and threw her own self back on the pew next to him and pulled her own shirt up.

John looked at this and rolled his eyes and laughed.  Even though we're not Catholic, it was so beautiful to be in church with them all on a spring morning, listening to songs and kissing my grandbabies on the hair.

I could hear John's voice during the prayers and see Dannell across the room with her class.

And there were some young squirrels in the pew beside me.

Julia lost more teeth today.   Her mouth is currently a hideous mess, teeth popped out, others half grown.

She's a little discouraged about it:  "Look at my mouth!"  

Last week at the lake someone mentioned how slow an eater she is.

Well, she has hardly any teeth at this point.

We are not worried. This will all work out.   John was once a young squirrel too in church rolling around with his shirt bunched up, but not anymore.

Life is nothing but good.  love you all, MOM


No comments:

Post a Comment