Thursday, September 5, 2013

b.g. turns four

So tonight we headed to his house for a party.










It was great.
 Dan baked this beautiful cake. 

 I know it's not rocket science, but I have questions, and I asked them, receiving no clear answers. How did you get it so straight?  I've never baked a cake that tall and straight! Mine are rounder on the edges.

I'm intrigued.  It tasted fantastic. I ate a couple bites of Dad's piece.













Some pictures from the past, above and below:







Oh, my goodness, Buddy.  You had us all completely captivated, and I can't say you still don't.  I love your energy and all the ways happiness comes flying out of your little self.

And I love your direct communication:  "Grandma, go away."

To your dad asking you to put some toys away, "I don't like it when you say that to me."

Or the night you escaped from your parents leaving my house and came back to the door.  Of course we let you in and you stood in the middle of the living room, looking wide-eyed at all of us and said, "I don't want to leave this place."

(I feel that way about my grandparents too, Hon.)

Me and you used to have wonderful naps on my red couch back in our Couch Potato Grandma days.  I love what a great cousin you are, how happy everyone always is to see YOU.




There is nobody like you in the whole world, Sweetheart.













Here's you and your family waving good bye tonight at the end of this great party.

Oh my gosh, I love you so.

Thank you for being ours, Buddy, for coming to this family and to my heart.  We are so lucky having you.

love you forever and ever,  Grandma and Grandpa and Everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment