Tuesday, November 5, 2013

a fine tuesday night in the beginning of november

It's snowing tonight, first snowfall of the winter.

Here are some pictures.  Snow is great, photographs well.  Too bad it's such a mess and the months of winter loom.

Okay, this little girl told me about her boots, "Spiderwebs are in them."  I told her to vacuum them tomorrow and then see if they still fit. She has the longest, skinniest feet I've seen on anyone except Little Jay.

My brother's wife sent these boots over last year. They may be too small, even with the spiders out.

Tomorrow's problem, eh?

Oh, and this.   My old fridgerator Pinky was rusting away.  There were may problems with that old 1958 fridge.   The shelves finally cracked away, so we had a bin in there, and that was a mess.

It was all a mess.

We were watching out for a second-hand fridge since I'm far too cheap to pay for a new one.

Well, Jay's doing a kitchen remodel at my cousin Michelle's house, and she gave this to us.  I think he deducted a couple hundred off her bill, but whatever.  It's a GIFT, a gloriously wonderful gift.  I took the fridge home and painted it red.





We went to Menard's on Sunday morning instead of church and bought the toughest paint we could find.

Farm equipment?  Shoot.

I touched up a little with a watercolor paintbrush around the handles tonight and I am thrilled.

As much as I loved Pinky, it reached the point it was over. The scrap guy took her away today, as his little handicapped rat terrier ran all around in a cute sweater and drove Sam and Sidney NUTS.




Okay, pets sleeping.  This is Sam next to our bed, stinking up my pretty rug.

This is Bernie in a sunbeam on his rock.  I guess red-eared sliders are now an invasive species in our state. So this innocent guy could go forth and wreak havoc upon the wetlands?  I'd almost kind of like to see that, as opposed to cleaning his damned tank all the time.




As I ventured upstairs, I encountered Lydia and Sidney keeping company in the night.  Lydia has her new electric blanket from JC Penney, which she and the small dog also love.

Onward. Wednesday awaits.  love you all so, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment