Monday, November 18, 2013

a week that ended perfectly


On Friday, Dannell and I exchanged texts about when we could get together.  After she texted me the Friday schedule, my only response was, "Wow."

Poor Dannell, she texted back, "What do you mean by, "Wow?"

Nothing except a befuddled feeling, like Wow.  What could possibly work here?


So I proposed to her that me and Grandpa come over on Sunday late in the afternoon, and we could eat hot dogs or something and see the kids.

She said yes.

But then she texted all the others and they bought like $500 worth of pizza and it turned into a party and a feast.


Here are two dudes playing video games.   We found out this room was designed as a sound studio.  That explains a lot about it.

So all the babies and all the toys, and I can't even lie about this or sugar-coat it--my grandbabies fight.

They're so over-the-moon happy to see their cousins, but then they get down to scrappin'.


We don't take it too seriously, but it's rowdy!  And things hit other kids on the head.  Rude tones of voice  are heard.

I love the whole thing so darn much, I can hardly quit laughing half the time.

See this lovely toy room, all the toys, the beautiful rug and cute kids?  John and Dannell's dog appeared among us, and God knows I do love that dog quite a bit more than I ever imagined.

Well then she crouched down and shit on the toys. Heidi screamed and hollered and we all stared at her, but then?

Then we knew.

Sophie? Appalling.

She didn't wait around to be chastised; she was long gone.


Okay, and here, look at this picture.  Click on it even.

This deer stood in the back yard and looked in the patio door at all of us, big eyes, sober expression. Then as I darted for the camera, the deer took off through the swing set.

Why is John sitting in the woods in camo with Dannell's relatives when he could sit in his own toyroom and have a deer walk right up?

He said, "Welll, you can't shoot a gun right in the city limits!"

True.  There's probably an ordinance or something.


Here is my youngest grandchild, the tender little morsel with the pterodactyl yell, wearing the hairy, gorilla slippers. He's doing good, looking fierce.


Okay, my sister and I noticed this tendency years ago at Green Lake.   We go outside to watch the kids? They go inside.   So, we haul our cookies inside to supervise?  They head outside.

It was the same at John's the other night.  So, after we got parked and comfortable in the basement? The babies moved upstairs, where more sharing arguments could occur.


Here's My Sweetie with a Lincoln log house he built himself.  Pretty nice.




Oh, and this picture is from Applebees today.  Okay, this is a somewhat long story.  I have an old friend, who is very fun to be with, but she's not all that reliable. She can't say no, I think, and overschedules herself.  We made a plan a couple weeks ago to meet for lunch today, so yesterday I sent her a message whether this plan still worked or not?

No response.

So I called her two times on the phone this morning, and no answer.

But I had Maria's friend, Heather, scheduled to babysit and she showed up promptly, so we moved on to Plan B.  We'd all go to lunch, and if my friend was there she could join us.

She was not.

But we all had a great lunch anyway, Heather and the kids and me.  That's p.j. sort of upside down in the booth, waiting.

Last night was a great ending to a phenomenally good week, and today was a fun start to this one.

Heather? Thank you for being such easy going company and such a good sport.

And to all my grandbabies who let me kiss you over the weekend?  You guys make your grandma so damned happy.    love you all so,  Val, aka Grandma, aka MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment