Saturday, November 23, 2013

mom, i'm not going to be home...james and his finally good luck



This is James, so laid back his calmness is sometimes kind of is puzzling for the rest of us.

Well, today he went to the grand and glorious Mall of America, and his Dad and I had plans to meet friends downtown for dinner, and his dad told him, all fine.  Just be home by 7pm.

So we get this text: "Mom, I'm not home yet because I won $250 at like 5:30 and  I'm spending it all so I don't have to go back."

???  We were at dinner, confused. (Sort of like normal, actually, confusion and all.)

Who wins money at any mall, especially in that quantity?  Well, he did. Something about win sunglasses here and pose for a picture and post it on Instagram, and you can WIN!

He did.

He bought new shoes, socks, so forth and so on.  It was great.

We had a perfect evening in the city tonight.   My sales manager plays jazz with his group at a place, and we went there and had a scrumptious dinner, and listened to music, laughed with our friends.

 The owners of the office passed through at one point, and introductions were made.

He's one of those people who is always learning and growing, asking questions and is attentive and true, and she's so tiny, encouraging, and funny.   After they left, I told Lorene, "I've been with this office for five years and no one has ever said a single bad word to me.  They are just encouraging and helpful, and kind.  When I have  questions, they never act like I should already know.  No egos to fluff, Ever.  I love them."

And this is a good thing. When I encounter personalities who require fluffing, pompous?   It makes me want to laugh, and snicker and chortle, and outright double over.

Unacceptable, Val.

Pay attention.

Important people are talking to you.

Okay, shaping up now.   Lay it on me. I'll pass the information along to my client.

Where we will also laugh at you.

Back to shaping up.

James, you lucky winner?   xo.  You chose some truly stellar socks, and this pretty much made my whole day, you and your finally good luck

love you so, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment