Tuesday, December 31, 2013

a sudden, surprise sleepover

 
Our friend is the guy in front in the goggles.  He normally spends New Year's Eve with us, but this year he stayed over on Sunday night instead.
 
The other guy is t.c., who happened to call on the phone.  I teased him, "Yeah, we're having a sleepover. You should come too."   His parents said yes, and soon he was here. 
 
 
 
Tim's room is a little intense right now.  We have to go through the closet and get things straightened out so he can put away his new gifts. 
 
 
See what I mean?  He always blames his nephews, but I just don't know. 
 
 
 
This is a weird little thing he got for Christmas, a Sully mask.


I've been sewing blankets for a new baby girl.   After the blankets were done, I felt brave enough to face that closet where all the fabric is.






Okay, this is a bin overflowing with fabric in amounts large enough to sew blankets out of.   There were five other totes with scraps.   I sorted them by color, but  the chance of me ever making any patchwork designs is slim.   It just takes time I do not have.

I have a friend who is a professional organizer.  She said the two biggest rules are:  1. Group like things together, and 2.  Don't let things pile up on flat surfaces.

Okay, that makes sense.   In cleaning this closet, buried all throughout were brand new packages of blanket binding.    That's expensive, about seven dollars each.   When they were all together in a shoebox?  There were twenty-four.   Who could have imagined that?


See this stack?  Also fabric in lengths a yard or over.


More kids arrived during the sleepover, including Little Jay.


We found Maria working in her room.

With this person keeping her company.

All the tablets and ipads are dead, so back to legos while they charge up again.


Anyway, I don't think anyone got that much sleep, but they were happy, running all over the house having fun, eating snacks, not even much arguing.   We're heading into New Year's Eve feeling pretty happy.

I even think I'm going to go now and get my hair cut.   Happy New Year!    love always, Val



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment