Sunday, December 15, 2013

christmas program, 2013


Okay, this was last night, Lydia working on math surrounded by gingerbread.  She has a math tutor this year, well worth the money.  This lovely woman, a real estate client, an engineer, agreed to tutor her, two 45 minute sessions a week.

It's helping tremendously.

These were taken in church this morning.  Lydia was the acolyte, carefully lighting candles and helping.

That's my dad's head.  My parents came to our church this morning for the Christmas Program.


Okay, somehow this slipped past me: Tim as angel. That kid beside him--a spaz, way too much energy for any one human. The two of them as angels this good looking is pretty dang hilarious. They did a fantastic job.



Julia was Mary.  The newborn Jesus was a big floppy puppet with a mustache.  The kids thought that was weird.  Jesus was not born with a mustache?  Was he?


t.c. was cast as Joseph a few weeks back.   This is sort of funny:  Julia kept on wanting and wanting to CALL John and Dannell and tell them about their kid being Joseph.  But John had said they weren't going to be at the program, so I didn't want to put pressure upon him and disrupt his life.

So no call was made. No, no, no.

Well, last night about 9 pm John called and asked if we wanted to do a meal after the program?

The program you're not going to even be at? The whole reason I never posed having a meal here is because I did not want to stress you out further, making you do things and be places.

Weeee-aalll.

So they did participate and even hosted a meal afterward.  "Come here, the house is clean from some other occasion and we'll just order food."

Works for me.

So, back to Joseph and Mary, or t.c. and his Auntie Jule.


My Sweetie as a shepherd, the little tiny one second from the right. He did great too.


The kids memorized their lines over the weeks. They're homeschooled. They have nothing but time to memorize lines and sleep.


Joseph, aka t.c. reading all alone onstage.

This guy was prodded into coming along.  He was mostly a good sport.  He definitely tries.




Here's m.c., too grown up now to be a player in the program.


And a sweet, tender guy I got to kiss a lotta times, plus that mom of his I love very much.


Here's Tim and his prayer partner, Oly.  They are supposed to pray for each other and so forth.  When they're together, they mostly just shake hands and have brief conversations, but Tim's very comfortable around this old carpenter.

Back at John and Dannell's they hit the video games:


Oh and these two. My Sweetie said they wanted their picture taken upstairs, specifically standing on John and Dannell's bed.


Then b.g. sat down and My Sweetie stomped off mad.

Well, we got one picture.



Here's my mom chatting with b.g.'s little brother:


And my dad listening to a little toy guinea pig with green fur.  It chirps guinea-pig like: "Mweep, Mweep."


Dannell and I were pretty impressed.  Alicia put on her coat and mittens and Dan's hat, which she hates, and braved out into the zero degree air to go sledding.   Pssht.






This last week or so Julia, Tim, Kari and I have been reading Rasmus and the Vagabond, chapter by chapter.  Last night we blew through the last three chapters, just to get to the ending.   Somewhere while I was reading, Julia got up on the couch under my arm, and I thought she was cold.

It's very cold here.

Well, when Rasmus ended, she brought her face out from my hip and she was crying! Crying!

First she was happy. Then sad! Then happy again!  Rasmus.

It is a great story true, adventurous and funny, and sweet, and heroic.   Kari even interrupted at one point while I was reading along--I thought she was mostly engrossed in her ipod, but she blurted out, "Oh here he again goes ranting about how he's innocent as a bride!"

Anyway, she dried her eyes and cried some more.  Tim claimed he too liked the story.

Anyway today, at the end of the afternoon, we headed home.  The world was all this vibrant periwinkle blue.

Cold as steel, but pretty.

John and Dannell, thank you for bringing Joseph and the fine shepherd to the program, and for hosting this beautiful meal at your house afterward.

Christmas is in 9 days and it's going to be wonderful, and 2014 is looking pretty fine.

Love you all so, Mom, aka Grandma, aka Val

No comments:

Post a Comment