Tuesday, December 10, 2013

cookies, basketball, and neighbors we're lucky for

 We made these cookies today, also quick.   Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, dump in a box of Ritz Bitz with peanut butter filling, and stir.  Then dump them out on waxed paper, pick them apart with a fork, and sprinkle.

We also took this opportunity to go watch James play basketball.  This ONE picture was taken before the camera died.

That's him in the orange shoes.

I love watching my boys play basketball, their long, narrow bodies, and the elegant way they move.

I know, I'm the MOM, right?  I can adore them if I want.


Okay, this is the neighbor who called this afternoon and teased me a little then told me he'd noticed my driver's side rear tire was about flat.

Jay's been filling the tires every day, and in this below zero weather, they go flat again right away.  (A tiny chip in the windshield also turned into a giant crack too, but that's a different problem.)

He said, "I hope you're not going anywhere at the moment."

I told him I'd been planning to go watch James play basketball, but if the tire was almost flat, that probably wasn't a good idea.

He said, "Give me five minutes, then bring the car over here and I'll have the air compressor going."

Okay, I am a lucky woman.  He notices my flat tire, and goes out at -4 degrees out of concern.

No wonder we all love you two SO MUCH.  How could we not?

And in the same folder as this picture of the two of them at our 25th anniversary party, also was found this goofy one of Julia, Sidney and me, probably taken by Maria, in the kitchen, obviously.

I still have that shirt and those jeans.  Good grief.

love all you kids so much, and Don and Sherry, you too.   love, Val, aka MOM, aka Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment