Tuesday, January 7, 2014

fun on a freezing cold day

 Sam, as usual, inserting herself right in the middle.  So helpful.

Dan called last night while I was working, left a voice mail, and when I listened to it, I could hear the aggravation in his voice:  the aggravation of parents with no daycare on twelve hours notice.

"Yes, I can watch them."

I wanted them regardless.   Later maybe they had daycare?  Bullshit.  No!  I want them.

It's so cold here the public schools were closed again today, but it was warm inside.

They are so civilized these days.  They played with barely the least arguing, actually watched part of a movie, were honest-to-goodness perfect little angels.  (Except for that jumping on the couch and spitting on the mirror moment that Maria witnessed, which caused no actual harm.)





 There was a nice, healthy kid mess around the place.


 Some art:
A bit of video games, but not enough to make people cross and irritable.









And a huge blanket fort:

It was a great day all because of these funny, sweet people living it up with us on a cold winter day.

January?  I don't hold you to very high standards, but this was a July kind of day.

love you kids, GRANDMA aka MOM



No comments:

Post a Comment