Friday, October 24, 2014

kirby's birthday

Yeah, it's today.  We started out with a little, "Let's have supper," get together, that bloomed into a huge family thing with rowdy kids in costumes with laser swords and unbelievable racket.

That's her above, in my sister's lap, Heidi on her knee.   I love how Pam's own baby is swimming over to them.  

That's her too, kicking it up.  The doll baby on John's lap is that same nephew.
This is one of the things I have always admired about you so much Kirsten:  You are your own person.  Tongue out, feet in the air, full of energy and sass.   Of course I always loved you, but I also admire that unapologetic independent streak.

This tiny little girl grew up to be a kid so scrappy and bold, a talented athlete, a top student, a natural leader.  

Who now is a beautiful woman.   Still adventurous and wild, still scrappy and bold, just kind of hides it better now.   (Some of the time.)

Here are some pictures from the party:







I know you're all grown up, your own person, an accomplished professional woman--a SENIOR business analyst now, for heaven's sakes.

But different from the other kids, (except probably Julia too) there's a place in my heart where you are still that girl who twirled my hair and lived in my arms.

And then you got down and took on the world.
 
Thanks for everything you have taught me and showed me, for being your own self and loving all of us the way you do.

In this whole world, there's no one else like YOU and I could not love you more.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart.    love Mom and Dad and Everybody




No comments:

Post a Comment