Friday, October 10, 2014

a fine friday night


This was a full Friday.   We drove out to Wisconsin and picked up Maria at the university and brought her home.

Then I went to visit the new baby of a real estate client turned friend. They have a beautiful new baby named Francesca Louise.

She hugged me, and handed me her baby and we went upstairs to the living room and I cuddled that sleeping baby for a whole hour while we talked. Her dads were there, and they are welcoming and friendly, and it was the nicest, companionable thing, snuggling that baby, talking about everything in the news these days.

And then I came home and we got to work.  We made supper and fed the kids.   Then Jay went with me to my sold listing so we could remove the staging elements and then we went shopping and put together a Halloween care package for Maria.

Then I dealt with the dusty, greasy kitchen.  The stove is a gorgeous jewel of an antique, but it has standing pilot lights which are the reason there is dusty grease at all.

It's been since spring since I washed the dishes and shelves up high, so we're due.   The curtains over the stove had goobery dust up high.  Those were washed and ironed and hung back up, faded as they are, almost twenty years old.

This winter I will sew some new ones. But at least these are clean and ironed.

 And all this mess, all these food storage containers infesting my cupboards?   They're not all mine.  Maybe some are?  If any of you recognize your dishes, please claim them.

All those athletic drink bottles in the first picture?  I'm not throwing them away until everyone has had a crack at them, but there are a LOT.


Why more lids than containers?


 Halloween dishes:

Those fancy goblets are incredibly fragile.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Good night.   Love you all so, Val, aka MOM, aka GRANDMA

No comments:

Post a Comment