Tuesday, December 5, 2017

more december

This girl took a fine, long, sweaty nap on the couch.

She woke up in a good mood in her nest of old doll blankets. Those flowered ones are blankets I sewed out of my mom's old kitchen curtains.  That's some kind of weird doll blanket history.

I would not have taken the afternoon to set up the Alpine Christmas Village, but I'm surprised by how glad I am the girls did it.

It appears as an old friend.



 And this poor guy, felled by wind and storms. He's up again, on his feet, cords adjusted, looking sharp.  I'm devoted to him and the good will he extends to the ten thousand plus cars that drive by my house every day.  We live on a county road, not even a state highway. 

The busy road is not a selling point, and neither is our 1947 boiler or the original windows (sigh) but since 1988, I have not minded any of it.  If there were an emergency, I could run outside and flag down a car within 90 seconds.

There are people around all the time.  I like it.
 But inside the house it's warm and quiet.  The boiler heats beautifully. The windows have been nicely keeping out the elements for seventy years.  Everyone is fine.

 On the dining room cabinet we have this big wax candle, and a Lego guy who takes up space with a figurine from Occupied Japan in the 1940s. 

I like it.
 This is the face of Santa Claus himself adorning the stove.

 A Christmas canister my brother in law, Paul gave me on a Christmas where we drew names.  I don't even ever put it away. In July? Christmas mittens on the cupboard.

 My aunt Anita gave this to my mother years ago. The worm is to be filled with water which intends to leak into the plant.

My plant is plastic. Water away.

But it reminds me of  Aunt Anita every darn day, which is a very good thing.
 My mother in law gave us this when they moved up north.  We love it, and that's the truth.

 But this?  This is the office, cluttered with Christmas gifts, papers and a mountain of Accounts Receivables.  The Receivables are so overwhelming.  Please pay your plumber.

If you have the money, please go do it right now. Put it in the mail tomorrow.

If you can't pay him? Please call him and explain and set up a payment plan.  He'll be happy to hear from you, create a plan.

Don't ignore the man.

Good night, with so much love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment