Monday, September 30, 2019

rainy morning, soft and warm

 Last night it was storming at bedtime.  I really wanted to sleep, but could hear Elin pacing around, upset.  It wouldn't kill me to go to the family room and  hang out with her until the storms passed.  There was no wind, but the thunder was, well pretty thunderous and the lightening was impressive.

She got up on the couch, and leaned on me, ears flattened back, licking her lips nervously.  After about half an hour, the storms were in the distance and she fell asleep, so I sneaked back to bed.

This morning was balmy and soft, still raining a little, just lush with a warm breeze.  I drove with the windows open, hiss of tires on the pavement, smell of fresh rain.

We ran errands and bought deli food for supper, and had a sleepover besides. 

Morning comes early, so time for bed.

In a couple hours it'll be October.   So much love, MOM aka Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment