Monday, September 23, 2019

the things we worry about

 So this gecko, Lillian, oh my goodness.

She's Kari's, and she's off at college, so I take care of this little lizard. She has a lot of personality and I enjoy her, BUT she shed her skin and then a piece persisted on the side of her nose, which doesn't seem to bother her, but then she had this squinty eye.

I don't want to take her to the vet. It's way the hell out in Lake Elmo, not close, expensive, but I don't want the critter to be in pain or struggle.

She was eating and drinking and acting normal, so that was good at least.

Finally after a day and a half of the squinty eye I looked at it with a magnifier and flashlight and could see a little, tiny shred of skin stuck to the eyelid. I wet a Q tip and squeezed it to drip on the eye.  I wet it some more and swabbed her little eye. She got mad and snapped that Q tip.

Okay, then.

The next day I dripped water on her eye a few more times.  And at some point, I checked on her and voila. Eye open.
In this big world full of so many problems, what big deal is a squinty eye on a gecko?

Okay.

Back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment