Wednesday, December 25, 2019

christmas eve, 2019

 We met at Elim, in Robbinsdale, for candlelight service. It was lovely, did not disappoint, festive, fun, beautiful.

Here are two brothers in law on the patio cooling off later during the very loud, hot party.


 The food was great, the company easy-going. We had a moment with the gravy for the meatballs that seemed pretty dicey, but we persevered and it was all good.  As Jay said, "We can throw the gravy away in ten minutes as well as now. Let me keep trying for a little bit."  Good, good. All good.


 All the patient, good natured people were there, which is a lovely thing on Christmas.



 Living it up in the basement!!  Woo Hoo!



 My dad, planting trinkets around.  These are cute.

 My glitter poinsettia bought at the grocery store.  James thought it was a little weird, but I love it.


 My beautiful niece, having her hair twirled while he drinks his bottle, exhausted, while clutching the Batman car we gave him.  As soon as I saw it at Costco, I knew he had to have it.  He was delighted, so fun.

And at the end of this extraordinary evening of being together in good times and bad, I wished as I usually do that I'd taken more pictures.  Except I don't want to be that annoying person shoving a camera in everyone's face.

It is what it is, and we are who we are, and so grateful for the love that sustains us all.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment