Sunday, December 8, 2019

king of kings

 We drove out there this morning for the Christmas program.  It was lovely, sweet, familiar scriptures and story.   They kept referring to Mary as a virgin and it was a little irritating.  How about you just refer to her as a woman.  But you know, it's church.   The music was beautiful, the sermon kind and meaningful.  It was a lovely morning.
 A lady popped into the seat beside me, asked if we had enough room. I said we were saving room for some children, but told her yes, we will tuck you in too, not a problem.  We talked for a little while and it turns out she was a member in the 1950s at the church we're attending these days. That was so much fun to hear about.  When the service was over, I told the young family who sat ahead of us managing their trio of squirrels that their kids were beautiful.   And then I hugged this sweet lady, told her she was the best surprise of this whole morning, and she was.

After church we went back to John and Dannell's for a while.  He's missing all his teeth and was happy to pose for a photo of this.

 These two were also great.

 Her? She's a natural performer, showed us all her dance steps, so cute, so much fun.

She took me upstairs and showed me her room, including the vacant space I could occupy if I were to move in.  (It's a very nice spot to be, I can see this.)

This brings us to the end of a very beautiful Sunday.

Love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment