Wednesday, December 18, 2019

twenty minutes of greatness

 This was a brief, short, scrappy Christmas program, and I LOVED it.

The kids were overly energetic.  I'm told my own beautiful grandson is wearing his mom's mother's yellow bathrobe.  I thought he looked good.

He gave his speech and did not miss a word about the announcement that came from Caesar Augustus about the census and Bethlehem.

He was awesome.
 Angels were heard on high
 Shepherds spoke


Such a truly great day.

As I was leaving, I spotted an old friend in a classroom near the door. I stopped in and asked about the little sister? 

Oh, her? She's still asleep and we do have to wake her up.

Maybe you could do that.

I smoothed her bangs off her tiny, sleeping face, and rubbed her back. She struggled to wake up all stretched out long on her little cot.

She looked at me and frowned, confused.  Then she jumped into my arms and cried.

I don't know why!  I do know first hand it's very hard to wake up.  Every morning at 5:30 am I would easily jump on to my grandmothers and cry.

Anyway, she woke up and recovered and waved good bye to me when I left to pick up Julia.

Onward, Baby Girl.  Your brother was awesome at his speech, and this was a lovely Wednesday.

Love, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment