Tuesday, October 18, 2022

this and that


Fall colors on the downside this week, but still really pretty.

Driving there and back home again, evocative, memories rushing past, forests and fields, so much family, so many trips in the fall.

The last occasion we had to be with my grandma was in the fall. We ate ravioli together.  The nurses made popcorn for the kids.  It was lovely. We didn't know it was the last time.   Glad we didn't know and just freely enjoyed.  

These guys are in Mexico this week, a trip bought for a fundraiser at school pre-pandemic.

Time to redeem the fun. The kids are that much older and are able to appreciate and understand this trip so much more, and in the pictures I am seeing they love Mexico as much as I do.


More trees and overcast November-looking sky at the lake:
We were alone at the cabin, and then John came up to get some work done, so we had an entire evening with just one kid. That doesn't happen very often, and it was lovely.  We went to dinner, spent the evening together and this kid, our oldest grandson, an accomplished football player, decided to get a hair cut and dress up and go to the school dance.

Voila:
Looking so good, Buddy!  

Last week I went shopping for fabric to sew curtains at the cabin. The others were faded to nearly white, all the little apple print nearly gone.

I was looking for a retro print, and this is, and I had a  40% off coupon, which was good because this fabric cost...

Are you sitting down?
$35/yard.

At the cash register, that's when they told me that coupon doesn't apply to this brand of fabric.

Seriously?

You people are the WORST.

But I didn't have it in me to take it out on the cashier. I paid the green cash, annoyed money.

And now this golden fabric had to be turned into curtains. This was the first attempt.  

Okay fine.

But I didn't like them and the men didn't really either. John suggested valances, but I'm really not interested in buying MORE fabric.

So we cut them in half and all is good.

And that's the end of tonight.

So much love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment