Sunday, February 21, 2010

great, any way you look at it

We had t.c. sleep over last night. He called on Friday night and asked, "Gramma! Can I sleep over at your house?"

Absolutely.

We had a great time, lots of running around with Aunt Julia and Uncle Tim, much laughing, a fair amount of outrageous racket. It was good.

They watched a movie called Space Chimp or Space Monkey, something like that. They built Legos and blocks all over the family room. Barbies, their clothing, accessories and cars were strewn over three stories.

I never took a single picture though. I didn't think of it, and when I did, I didn't feel like it.

He's such a good guy too, trying to do what his parents say. I offered him a glass of Dr. Pepper, and he looked at it and said, "My mom doesn't want me to drink pop." Pretty impressive.

Later they wanted to watch Sponge Bob and he told me, "My mom doesn't let me watch Sponge Bob." Again, I'm impressed.

When I hugged him in the stairway and told him I was so glad he came to my house, he dove into my arms, hugged me back and said, "Yeah. I actually love you." Awww. I know you do. I love you too.

When I drove him home, he had questions about why I live in traffic. (We don't live in traffic. I don't know why he thinks that? The busy freeway between his house and ours?) Then he asked about the window in the ceiling of the car. I tried to answer, and in a few minutes turned to tell him if he was too hot and wanted to take off his hat he could, and there he was--sound asleep. He looks like my daughter in law, his red hair and chubby little lips... so sweet.



Here's a picture that's good though. I love this one very much. It's my own grandma with my grandson, which makes her a great-GREAT grandma, but we always knew she was pretty great, so no surprises there. love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment